Sunday, January 21, 2007

snow


I live about 100 yards from the highway. Slipping in and out of sleep overnight Saturday on into the morning I could hear the dull scraping of the lonely plows clearing the road.

A glow from the outside washed the inside of the living room even before I opened the blinds. When I opened them I saw a painted landscape. Snow! At last! I grabbed the camera and went out. I fell down. You can see the mark in the photo just above the date. I didn't care. Yes, that's only because no one was around to witness.

Children are throwing snowballs and laughing. The deathly silence that usually engulfs the neighborhood is gone. I'm drinking hot coffee and looking out.

Life can be good sometimes.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot coffee and looking out the window... sounds good, and also sounds like that one Winona story you wrote, but I forget the title (you're the author of those, right?).

4/09/2007 12:45 AM  
Blogger phil said...

Yes, I'm the one.

Thanks for visiting my little blog.

:)

4/11/2007 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.