Tuesday, March 18, 2008

my life soundtrack

I stole swiped borrowed this survey by a fellow-Renaissance man, Iremonger, from his
A Sort Of Homecoming Blog.

This one was just too much fun to pass by.

opening credits:
Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding - Elton John

waking up / happy driving to school scene:
Linus and Lucy - Vince Guaraldi

dancing around house in underwear scene:
Start Me Up - Rolling Stones

first date scene:
This Can't Be Love - Nat King Cole

driving at night with crush scene:
Sweet Jane - Cowboy Junkies

post fight with friend scene:
Too Long In Exile - Van Morrison

youthful flashback scene:
Just My Imagination - Cranberries

running around falling in love scene (day):
You Make Me Feel So Young - Frank Sinatra

midnight rooftop dancing scene:
Li'l Darlin' - Count Basie

dream scene:
Fields Of Gold - Sting

playing at the park in day scene:
In The Mood - Glenn Miller and His Orchestra

quiet driving with friends at night scene:
South City Midnight Lady - Doobie Brothers

looking cool scene:
Mack The Knife - Louis Armstrong

falling in love scene (night) / sweet make out scene:
Love and Affection - Joan Armatrading

hanging out with friends scene:
Roadhouse Blues - The Doors

hectic searching beat-the-clock scene:
Lieutenant Kijé: Symphonic Suite, Op. 60; IV. Troika

dance party scene:
Jump In The Line! - Harry Belafonte

sexy make out scene:
I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby - Barry White

tripping on drugs scene:
The Good, The bad, and The Ugly - Blues Traveler

lying down after intense scene:
Catch The Wind - Donovan

driving alone at night scene:
When my Baby Calls My Name - Stephen Fearing

love scene:
No Conversation - View From The Hill

early morning tranquil scene:
Here's That Rainy Day - Stan Getz

heartbreak scene:
That's That - Michael Johnson

walking alone reflecting scene:
Piano Concerto No 2 (Brief Encounter) - Sergei Rachmaninov

summer day scene:
Summer Of My Dreams - David Mallett

regretful flashback scene:
Souvenirs - John Prine

driving with best friend scene:
Key To The Highway - Eric Clapton

funeral scene:
Nobody Knows My Name - Ricki Lee Jones

nostalgic scene:
Wasn't It You? - Pat Kirtley

crying scene:
We're All Alone - Rita Coolidge

mental breakdown scene:
Help Me Make It Through The Night - Kris Kristofferson

bitter, angry scene:
Sunshine (Go Away Today) - Jonathan Edwards

declaring independence scene:
Everybody's Talkin' - Harry Nilsson

far from home Scene:
New York's Not My Home - Jim Croce

driving at sunrise scene:
Sunrise - Eric Carmen

space travel scene:
Prelude and Outer Space - Bernard Herrmann

closing credits:
I'll Always Remember You - Natalie MacMaster

2 Comments:

Blogger G said...

This is wonderful! I think your next career should be soundtrack compilation king. I must admit to feeling a bit intimidated at the thought of having to come up with all that music. But I might give it a go. And how do you know Joan Armatrading? I haven't heard anyone talk of her since I lived in the UK in the 80s. I have Love and Affection on my mp3 player and I think your choice of it is perfect. :)

3/19/2008 2:54 PM  
Blogger Brendan said...

I didn't know about the librarything widget till I saw it in your sidebar, so we're even :)

I like your selections... haven't seen Natalie MacMaster's name in years! Must listen to her again. I first heard Get Me through December - which Allison Krauss sang on - on the TV show Felicity. I love that Cape Breton sound - her cousin Ashley MacIsaac is great too. Have you heard Kate Rusby? Similar Celtic-tinged folk & her voice is amazing.

Thanks for playing :)

3/20/2008 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.