Saturday, October 18, 2008

film of the day

"That would be a terrible job to tackle.
Just how would you start to cut up a human body?"


So L.B. Jefferies(James Stewart) ponders in Hitchcock's Rear Window, based on the Cornell Woolrich short story, It Had to Be Murder.

Jefferies, a photographer with his leg in a full cast (from possibly wandering right out onto a racetrack to get a better shot as cars speed by), is confined in his apartment with nothing better to do but look out his second story window.

Then, here's what happens: He looks out..no, he peers out across..well..he..and Grace Kelly..he has this telephoto lens..ah, hell, I'll just let James Stewart tell you the rest..



My favorite Hitchcock film.
Got one of your own, Fellow Vagabond?

5 Comments:

Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

I love this one, too, Phil! You've made me want to watch it tonight. On a large HD TV, you can see all the details in the other apartments, that couldn't be seen previously. It's great.

It's probably tied with Vertigo in my little book.

10/18/2008 6:12 PM  
Blogger phil said...

The first two or three times I saw it on a small tv, willow.
Not until later did I notice the orange glow on Thorwald's cigarette in a key scene.

10/18/2008 6:37 PM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

And Thelma Ritter is great in this, too. I'm popping it in right now...

10/18/2008 7:55 PM  
Blogger Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Oh, my favorite is Suspicion.

Rear Window, although admittedly great, makes me jumpy.

10/19/2008 9:11 PM  
Blogger phil said...


I like that one too, pamela. Great cast.

10/19/2008 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.