Thursday, May 28, 2009

last in line

I seem to remember way back in elementary school when it was 'music appreciation' time and a box of percussion instruments was passed around, and when it lastly got to me with my arms folded patiently, the only item left in a bottom corner of the dilapidated box was a broken sharp stick with a droopy balloon leashed.

I'm not sure what in the hell that stick/balloon combo was suppose to represent from the percussion family, but I still happily played blubba blubba blubba right in beat with the scratchy 45 Mrs. Kurkowski was spinning. Actually, the mysterious little instrument mirrored the profile of Mrs. Kurkowski when I held it out steady at eye level.

Blubba Blubba Blubba!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

What?! You, too? We never had a stick with a droopy balloon, though. I always wanted the triangle or cymbals and always got stuck with the dumb chopping blocks. Mrs. Sawyer never monitered who got what. At least you happily played blubba-blubba! I slammed those old blocks together in disgust.

5/28/2009 10:25 PM  
Blogger phil said...


Exactly, Willow!
I wanted the tambourine.
And, in a way, the triangle, although you kinda had to stand up to play that properly and get the right acoustics.

How about those 2 wooden rods with ridges that were to be rubbed together that represented some ancient 100 B.C. La Kookaracha crap?

Geez.

5/28/2009 10:40 PM  
Blogger The Clever Pup said...

I wanted the sandblocks so badly but I got the sticks.

Once I got the triangle but it defied me.

5/29/2009 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.