Monday, June 24, 2013

young noir

Stanley Kubrick photo
Look Magazine, 1949

You got a light? Baby, do you ever got a light. Keen. Is that yours? My old man collects them. Yellow hands that always smell like they could go up at any second. Flash paper hands. He'll end up burnin' down the pad, man. That's a great sweater. You a model? Interested in pictures? My old man, maybe he could do something with you. He's a director, you know. The Killing. Yeah, that's his film. No bull, really. My old man, the lighter-fluid aftershave guy. Maybe I could get him to look at you. You've got a face. And you got more. No, wait, come back. My hands are clean.

4 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

... listening carefully ~~ I hear Bacall and Bogie.

6/24/2013 10:31 PM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Clever one, Phil...I laughed out loud...

6/25/2013 2:15 PM  
Blogger Berowne said...

Knowing and rather wise...

6/25/2013 5:12 PM  
Blogger Susan Anderson said...

haha

This tickled me this morning.

=)

6/26/2013 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.