Tuesday, February 23, 2016

mushrooms


"Did you lose something"?
The man watched the robed imposing figure, down on all fours out in a field of flowers, gently rocking to and fro.
"I most certainly did", the large man chuckled.
"Wallet? Contacts"? He looked closer at the bearded man. "Mustard seeds, perhaps"?
"No. Just a bad batch of mushrooms".
"Oh. I see. Can I help you up"?
"I can manage, thank you. I am the Lord after all".
The man shook his head sadly. "Sounds like you still have those mushrooms coursing through your innards".
"You don't believe me. I am the Lord".
He held his arms out. "Show me".
"I can't".
"I knew it".
"You want me to wave my hand and, oh, make it snow purple violets maybe? I don't work that way".
"So you work off the ol magic mushrooms then"? He laughed.
"No. I only work off the power of faith".
"Well, I work off the power of whiskey". He raised his hand to his chin and thought for a moment as though trying to recall. "The Lord walks into a bar and says to the bartender"......
"STOP"! Thunder crackled angrily in the distance. A chilled wind came up and the man shivered. The large man stood up shakily and held out a palm to the man. "I've heard that one".

art: Christ in the Wilderness by Stanley Spencer

6 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

oh ....!!!

2/23/2016 6:51 AM  
Blogger Susan Anderson said...

Really well done. And I chuckled at the mustard seeds.

=)

2/24/2016 1:21 PM  
Blogger ekta khetan said...

looks like a work of whiskey, in bad spell dreaming about tom and jerry!

2/25/2016 5:19 AM  
Blogger Sunshine-struck said...

Mustard seeds. haaha! Nice write-up!

2/25/2016 9:59 AM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

*giggle* one of your very best, Phil...

2/26/2016 12:05 PM  
Blogger phil said...


Thanks again, Friends.
On this one, like a bunch of others, I started typing and had no idea where I was going.

2/27/2016 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.