Saturday, May 3, 2008

I'm ok, you're a nut


Catchy title to a self-help book yet written, and contemplating a chapter I could include. Probably along the lines of a realization that you have no control over how other people behave and not allowing it to upset your apple cart.

I'm thinking of a century when I used to manage, and some of the extraordinary bizarre interviews. They say the best way to interview is to keep quiet and that will allow 'them' to reveal who they really are. Like the interviewee that got all confused at the point when he must've known he was in no manner qualified, and started answering questions by immitating Elvis.

He finished (finally!) by asking if I was to accidentally hire him, when would he start. I told him I would hire him if a piano fell on my head causing me to accidentally dial the number on his application.

4 Comments:

Blogger G said...

Mmmmmmmmm, very droll post Phil. I completely concur with "the realization that you have no control over how other people behave and not allowing it to upset your apple cart."

It was a great relief to me when I learned that I couldn't control what went on around me, I could just control how I reacted to it.

Have a great rest of the weekend vagabond!

5/04/2008 10:29 AM  
Blogger phil said...

And isn't it nice to see people lose their temper when you show them you can keep yours.

btw...there is a block of Powell/Pressburger films on TCM tonight. :)

5/05/2008 7:58 PM  
Blogger G said...

I'm kicking myself all around the room for not knowing that. :(

5/05/2008 9:44 PM  
Blogger will said...

HR will be in touch over that piano business.

5/07/2008 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.