Friday, July 4, 2008

crossing over....


...into The Twilight Zone, with this weekends SciFi Channel's Marathon.

So, a good excuse to lower my voice to a staccato baritone and list my 10 favorites:
1 - Static
2 - The Lonely
3 - Time Enough At Last
4 - Night of the Meek
5 - A Stop At Willoughby
6 - The Monsters are Due On Maple Street
7 - Walking Distance
8 - Third From The Sun
9 - The Howling Man
10- A Penny For Your Thoughts

I find The Howling Man, and an honorable mention, Night Call, to be the two that are truly frightening.

Any particular favorites, lovely stranger?

3 Comments:

Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

I'm not a big scifi fan, but I do like your artsy new header! Very vagabond. And I'm guessing that's not really you in the profile pic.

7/05/2008 4:47 PM  
Blogger phil said...

whyyyyyy, thankyou, Willow :)

That's my original header from 2 years ago, and that's the one and only Jimmy Finlayson, the original "D'ohhh"-boy from the Golden Age of comedy.

7/05/2008 7:10 PM  
Blogger Edward Hegstrom said...

Good call on The Lonely--one of the most underrated episodes. It and Walking Distance are both indelibly enhanced by Bernard Herrmann's music.

My favorites would be Nick Of Time and Little Girl Lost, though it's been a long time since I've actually seen them. I'm afraid if I go back and revisit, I'll discover how faulty my memories are.

7/07/2008 4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.