Thursday, June 4, 2009

apartment hunting

About that time of the year to start looking for new dwellings. Hope I can find something cheap. Maybe in the same ballpark price as a basement apartment in Venice. Somehow though the term 'seepage' comes to mind there. Or maybe I can work out an arrangement and reside in an old limestone lighthouse accompanied with a shortwave, listening to small voices with accents that I'd imagine saying, 'so, you want to come around for a spot of tea then?' And rent would only be to climb the cast iron stairs from time to time during daylight to the lantern room and wipe the concentric lenses of the home light with my handkerchief. But never at night. I would accidentally look right into the glaring beam and then turn away and see sparks, like looking at a polka dot bikini and looking away, although I would never look away really. And maybe get a job directing wayward sea turtles. I suppose I would need a lot of patience. It wouldn't be so bad if I had plenty sheaths of blank paper and a jelly glass stuffed with pencils. And books, lots of books near a fixed light. And if she'd come by she could wear my heavy Indian design cardigan when I would navigate my arms around and teach her blue guitar chords, her eyes refracting the light of a solitary candle.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Clever Pup said...

Ohhh, that sounds very romantic.

Because I am a curious pup I know that your co-ordinates denote Indianapolis.

My advice to you is to move to Toronto. or Victoria on Vancouver Island. Bound to be a lighthouse there.

6/05/2009 9:29 AM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

My favorite sweater is a mens Indian design cardigan. Rust and black. I've had it for ages.

6/07/2009 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.