Friday, July 10, 2009

noir bridge

I was a lucky guy so far. Many cement-shoed guys have been sunk under the bridge in the weeks before I arrived. I keep still at the dark table, waiting, waiting, as Tony has the girl tight by the wrist. Her mouth is a cavern of a silent scream, her eyes white heat spotlights of sheer terror. And right here in the restaurant. Two thugs come out of the shadows and haul me off just as I hope to splatter his Greek greasy temple to one side so his brains don't stain the poor girl's pale blue blouse. Some hero I am. Now I get new heavy shoes and visit a bunch of non-talkative guys under a bridge. Like a bridge over rancid water. Someone should write a tune. Shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.