Thursday, November 12, 2009

scoo

Did you cry on your first day of school? I don't think I did, but I remember the sealed windows in the classroom were dirty and small and too far up next to the ceiling to escape through.

When I backed out of the driveway with weighted car for college I did cry. Just a little bit. More so because it was the first time my mom lived alone. And my dog, Muffin, I am told, paced for a couple days and didn't eat. It might have been a ploy for my return, and I like to think of her as my little sister then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

I cried when I got part way down the road and relized I had forgotten the way to school. After hightailing it back home, my frustrated mother pushed me back out and locked the door.

(Hey, Robert Osborne doesn't look too shabby for being 77!)

11/13/2009 6:50 AM  
Blogger G said...

I hated every moment of it as I don't do well with authority or rigidity, or, also don't do so well with burned-out, children-hating teachers. Starts to make sense. So glad I'm a (so-called) adult now.

11/14/2009 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.