Friday, September 24, 2010

it. stinks.

Latest International Blog Magazine's opinion poll excerpts concerning a vagabond's sketchbook....

"Vacuous stifling plagiarism, so awful I've returned from the grave these cold 161 years to warn everyone to forever avoid his shadow.." ~Edgar Allan Poe

"I like it I must say, but positively mental" ~Edgar Grimley

"...with prose as diluted as me and my fatherbrotherperson..." ~the kid from Deliverance

"...could write himself the wrong way down a one way street" ~Professor Backwards

"It. Stinks. Or, as they say in my industry, 'acqua di parma,' which roughly translated means, 'freshly squeezed pond scum'" ~Francisco Dalí Doorbell

"..will never be a choice side of beef in my bookclub" ~anonymous daytime talk show diva

"although I've been dead 30 years, all I gotta say is..ink. a dinka dee. a dinka dooo." ~J.D.

9 Comments:

Blogger steveroni said...

Well, I've only been dead four years and I think this is pretty good shit

That's my honest opinion. Otherwise, I enjoyed this reading very much...quite a twist on the old story line, eh?

PEACE!

9/24/2010 10:33 PM  
Blogger Doctor FTSE said...

I like particularly Professor Backwards!

9/25/2010 3:18 AM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

You're a filet in my little bookclub, Phil. (heehee...no pun intended)

9/25/2010 8:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that you quoted Edgar Grimley makes my heart sing and makes me want to hear you play the triangle :)

Rene

9/25/2010 12:07 PM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

I too favor Professor Backward....fun post...what a twist.

9/25/2010 12:34 PM  
Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Phil you are brilliant and hilarious! :-)

9/25/2010 4:06 PM  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Hilarious -

9/25/2010 7:34 PM  
Blogger Reflections said...

wow, love the uniqueness of this one... and the humor...

only 161 years dead.

9/26/2010 3:28 PM  
Blogger RNSANE said...

This is hysterical. I loved it.

-Check out the link for info on my blogaversary giveaway:
http://rnsane.blogspot.com/2010/09/flash-55-friday-happy-anniversary-to-me.html#links

9/28/2010 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.