Sunday, May 6, 2012

river song

Standing at the edge of the water you sharply hold your breath as the quiet wave touches your toes and retreats. I watch you fold your arms and shiver. I want to hold you; to peel back your swimsuit as though it was that peel-able skin of a grape Mae West suggestively demanded before popping it into her succulent mouth. The water rolls in again; you stoop and cup it playfully with small prayer hands, pulling it towards you the way a cat spoons the water with the back of its tongue, your eyes closed too. You spring up, laughing and tossing the water into the air, arms outstretched, the Sun exposing all the rainbow colors of your diamond droplets and you ask me to name all the colors I witnessed. I say I don't remember them all, rather I was noticing your swirling ginger hair falling across those pale-blue eyes, your soaked cream-white suit tightening, my steadying hands preparing to peel.

image: River Irwell courtesy R.A.D. Stainforth

9 Comments:

Blogger Brian Miller said...

this is gorgeous...love the description each layer of it and then wrapping back to that swimsuit...so delicately sensual...love it...

5/07/2012 12:01 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I'm spellbound! Desire is described here to perfection.

5/07/2012 1:10 AM  
Blogger Mimi Foxmorton said...

A perfect vision of desire......
Love this so much.......

5/07/2012 5:38 AM  
Blogger The Bug said...

Well I'm hot & bothered now :) Great job!

5/07/2012 9:53 AM  
Blogger Susan Anderson said...

Hot and sweet all together.

Well done.

=)

5/07/2012 12:25 PM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Oh this is lovely...I especially like her small prayer hands...

5/07/2012 2:40 PM  
Blogger Berowne said...

How many remember that '33 film: "Beulah, peel me a grape!"

5/08/2012 3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely take on the prompt! Beautiful description. :)

5/09/2012 4:06 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

You certainly know how to create a mood, set a stage ... wow!

5/09/2012 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.