Sunday, March 27, 2016

next please


"What's so hard to understand? What don't you get"?
"But this isn't what I want", gesturing to the slight offering. "I'll say it again - I want hot biscuits with gravy and cold orange juice. Simple".
The man pointed. "What. Do. You. See. All.I.Have.Is. Bread. And...."
"Look. I traveled a long long distance to be here. In this spot. Now give me what I want, please, my good man!"
The proprietor was thougtful. "You came a long way?"
"Yes!"
He peered around. "I see no cart, no vessel." He swallowed hard and was barely audible versus the gentle wave upon the shore. "No footprints in the sand", he said to himself.
The visitor pointed to the horizon beyond. "From yonder".
"I see no boat".
"I need none".
He looked at the bearded man, mouth shakily opening, no words. Dropping to the mans feet, he clasped his hands into the sand and began to weep.


painting by David Ligare

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a moving tale - and leaves me wondering what might come next

3/27/2016 12:00 PM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

very well done!

3/27/2016 4:31 PM  
Blogger CHummelKornell said...

Well done!

3/27/2016 6:29 PM  
Blogger Bekkie Sanchez said...

Very good.

3/30/2016 12:18 PM  
Blogger phil said...


Thanks, Friends.

4/02/2016 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.