Wednesday, August 1, 2012

dragonfly

Dragonflies have been hovering around my car quite a bit this brittle summer. It's kind of like a little dance, decked out with yellow or sometimes blue transparent wings. Almost like an invitation to a Do-Si-Do 360°. They eventually give up, I'm just not that quick, and dart away to a mosquito lunch across the dance floor. That's why I love them, for their diet. They eat my enemy.
When I got home today in the late afternoon heat there was one attached to the screen door of my apartment. It fell to the welcome mat, flipped over and inexplicably died. It couldn't find enough supper in this dry heat. Later, I saw two little brown and gray sparrows playing tag with the carcass, do-si-doing it down the sidewalk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.