Sunday, September 23, 2007

dizzy

I got a new car Saturday. Well, a new used car. The sales manager looked down at me across his desk and said I was upside down. And while out test driving one of six cars, the salesman said, when finished, we would go back to the office and play with the numbers. I looked all over, but I didn't see any numbers. While no one was looking I checked under his desk and behind the water cooler and on the backs of the stack of business cards on his desk, but there were none to be found.

He further confused me when he said "this car is you." That scared me because I wasn't expecting to venture into a parallel universe. I wouldn't look at the me car again. Maybe the numbers were in the trunk?

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Liberty said...

You were driving a '61 Isetta, right?

I think when the salesman said you were going to play with the numbers, he meant, rather, that you two were going to play patty-cake when you got back to his office.

But you forgot.

joe

9/27/2007 9:42 PM  
Blogger phil said...

I had no idea what an Isetta was.

What an odd little car!
I want one!

9/29/2007 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.