Sunday, October 7, 2007

low cash flow

I love old advertisements and find some fascination in which celebrities were chosen for those ads. I wouldn't mind wallpapering my hole-in-the-wall apartment with ads such as Al Hirt for Miller Beer, or Anthony Quinn for Foster Grant Sunglasses, and certainly, Ava Gardner's ad for Lustre-Creme Shampoo would go right on my bedroom wall.

Basil Rathbone has always been one of my all-time favorites. He was a World War I hero, courageously staging reconnaissance on the battlefield (disguised as a tree! No kidding!), and went on to a distinguished career on screen and stage.

But, as an old friend of mine is fond of saying...I gots to eat too. And Basil never went hungry it seems from the long list of items he endorsed. At least in the 1960 Skippy ad they admit forking over a 'hatful' of cash to Rathbone to promote their product.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.