Tuesday, December 2, 2008

posters from World War II

Walking a glossy tiled hallway on a quick stop at the hallowed American Legion building downtown this morning, I couldn't help but halt with arched back to observe not only artwork, but those terse messages of vigilance and service on framed posters from the war years.

I was so moved, I wanted to load them into my car and bring them home. That's what I told the receptionist, peering up at me with second grade teacher-like glasses and hunkered down behind the over sized front desk. She just smiled and nodded, then shook her head with a feigned look of sadness. Ah, well.

These are remarkable posters, and there must be literally thousands. The Minnesota Public Library has a great Collection.



1 Comments:

Blogger Pamela Terry and Edward said...

These are lovely, but it was
Elmer Fudd that really made me grin!

12/04/2008 12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.