Friday, December 5, 2008

a to z film favorites

Dear Reader, here's a fun list you can make in your pajamas under bed covers with a flashlight.
Just list one favorite film per letter of the alphabet.
Leave a Parting Shot, and I'll be sure to look at your list.

Amélie
Being There
Citizen Kane
Dr. Strangelove
Edison The Man
The French Connection
The Grey Fox
He Walked By Night
It's A Gift
Junior Bonner
Knock On Wood
Lonely Are The Brave
Midnight Cowboy
Ninotchka
The Old Fashioned Way
Patton
Queen Christina
Rear Window
Sullivan's Travels
The 39 Steps
The Uninvited
Vertigo
The World Of Henry Orient
The X-files
Young and Innocent
Zelig


That was harder than I thought.
Had to leave out a whole bunch of favorite films.

4 Comments:

Blogger marc aurel said...

I take your challenge before reading your list, so as not to be influenced. These are the first favourites I think of. I'm surprised by how many of them are from my youth.

12/05/2008 9:09 PM  
Blogger marc aurel said...

I loved "Lonely Are the Brave", especially when he shot at the helicopter rotor. It made me notice Walter Matthau very late for the first time. Later I learned that it was written by Dalton Trumbo.

12/05/2008 9:30 PM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

This look really fun, Phil! I will make my list, check it twice and post it soon. Loved your choices.

12/05/2008 11:16 PM  
Blogger Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Oh, you got my choice for "Z"!

And, The Uninvited!! I just love that one!

Happy Saturday to you! And, I'm still loving Elmer!

12/06/2008 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.