Wednesday, May 5, 2010

cinco de mayo

I believe it means 'hold the mayonnaise.' I tried it at the burger joint tonight and the black-eyed Hispanic girl behind the counter shook her head and smiled.

Later, downtown idling at a red light I saw this beautiful, gentle, seeing-eye retriever guiding her master at a crosswalk and wished I had one. I guess mine would be a speaking-responder retriever since I don't say much. I'd just let her yelp once the same answer if anyone tried to talk to me, and they'd say she's adorable and she would let them pat her head, then we'd move on, she'd make eye contact with the lost and just maybe, just maybe heal a few souls.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

It's hard to believe you don't say much, Phil, since your writing speaks volumes.

5/06/2010 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

11,041 vagabonds plus:
Free Hit Counters
Web Counters

All original designs and text created by the author of this blog, Phil L., are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike3.0 License. All other materials remain the property of their respective owners and/or creators, unless of course they are part of the public domain.